Tuesday, September 16, 2008

And it begins!

Tonight was our first Bobcats for Babies meeting. Bobcats for Babies is a March of Dimes collegiate council at Ohio University I founded my freshman year of college. We went over general March of Dimes information and our schedule of events for the quarter. The most exciting update is that we will be planning an OU Idol where all proceeds go to the March of Dimes! We are excited to start off the new year and have lots of new faces joining us. At our fall student involvement fair last week we had almost seventy new students sign up. Here is a picture of our table below.
This Saturday I am competing in my first local of the season, Miss Lake Erie. I have been so busy with the start of the school year, it is hard to believe this weekend is almost here. Between my three volunteer jobs with the March of Dimes, new classes, organization meetings, and work, I have had little time to think about competing. I am excited, however, to get back into locals again.
Friday, I am traveling to Columbus to get my National Group Fitness certification. It is an all day process from 9 am to 6 pm. I have been teaching group fitness classes the past two years and absolutely love it! This quarter I teach four Pilates classes, two Step and Strengthening classes, and a CORE class each week. After college, I will continue teaching as a side job and my AFAA National Certification will make me much more credible.

On September 29th I leave for a week-long event planning internship in Las Vegas through the company Destinations by Design. I will be traveling with fourteen other members that were chosen from my National Communications Association club. I will miss a week of school, but the hands-on experience will be well worth it!

Well, for now I am off to study for a quiz and read from my exciting Marketing book. I teach aerobics at 8 am so I hope to get to bed at a decent time. Until next time!


Jenna

3 comments:

Allie said...

Good luck this weekend Jenna! I will see you from the audience :)

Zaina Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zaina Marie said...

Congrats Miss Lake Erie!!!